Posted on by totalbatteryal
Declaration of emergency
In response to the alarming rise of COVID-19covid 19 cases, a declaration of emergency was made on January 12, 2021 for all of Ontario.
This decision was made in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health and other health experts.
The declaration of emergency allows the government to:
- strengthen public health and workplace safety measures
- create and enforce emergency orders
The purpose is to help:
- keep people at home as much as possible and save lives
- stop the spread of COVID-19covid 19 in communities
- prevent the hospital system from becoming overwhelmed
- protect vulnerable populations and those who care for them
The enhanced public health and workplace safety measures are anticipated to be in place until at least February 11, 2021.
The results of these measures will be evaluated throughout the provincial emergency to determine when it is safe to lift any restrictions, or if they need to be extended.